Friday, November 19, 2010

Series 3 Collectible Minifigure Guide Update

The past 72 hours have been big for new news on the Series 3 Collectible Minifigures. We've had the figures officially go on sale, new pics and details, and the discovery of the code system that will allow you to pick all of the Fantasy Elves out of a case with a modicum of effort. Over the next few days I'll be updating the guides to reflect all of this information, but I thought I would do a brief summary here until those efforts are complete.

I've updated the guides to show the case composition of rare, uncommon, and common minifigures. Remember to scroll down to see the Series 3 information.

New pics of the figures and accessories have appeared on both Eurobricks and BrickPOP. I'll be using the montage photo on Eurobricks to update the guides. They aren't great, but until the official, rendered pics become available from TLG, they are better than the Japanese capsule inserts. BrickPOP keeps adding to their coverage and has some nice pics and descriptions of details for some figs.

I mentioned last night that it was only a matter of time before the 'codes' would be available in a nicer format. Well, here it is...


This, again, came courtesy of FBTB members, specifically Rick Theroux. I'll be adding these individual entries to the guides as well over the next few days. Again, we know these codes are accurate for North America, but don't know if a different system needed to be used for Europe and the rest of the world. Out of my own curiosity, if anyone knows what this coding approach is called in the retailing industry, I would like to know.

I'm hoping that by the end of the weekend, the guides will reflect all of the new information available. If you have any new news or questions in the meantime, please just let me know.