Friday, March 18, 2011

Brickworld Starts Tomorrow!


Brickworld Indy that is! Brickworld Indy is a two day event brought to you by the same folks that coordinate Brickworld in Chicago. The biggest difference between the two events is that there isn't a corresponding AFOL only convention (although with a LEGO Store announced for Indianapolis that may change down the road).

The even takes place Saturday (10am to 6pm) and Sunday (10am to 5pm) at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN. There should be a large contingent of MOCs this year and several big name vendors like BrickForge and Brickmania on hand (I imagine Brickmania will have BrickArms for sale). I believe David Pickett, the animator behind The Nightly News at Nine brick films, will also be in attendance.

Adults are $8, kids under 10 are $5, while kids 3 and under are free. You can see all the details on the BrickWorld Indy site.

If you see a man trying to keep two young children corralled while trying to look at exhibits, there's a good chance it's me (although I realized I just described 99% of the potential attendees). I have yet to attend a large-scale LEGO show, and Brickworld Indy may be my best shot this year. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to a convention sometime soon (still holding out hope for BrickFair).