Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scenes from a LEGO Store: Ninjago is Go!

So I traveled up to my local LEGO Store with my two boys today. I don't know if Sundays are typically a busy day, but the place was packed. Ninjago was the big feature and hard to miss with a large pagoda shaped display greeting you right as you walk in the door. 

One thing that caught my eye was that the Sensei Wu keychain was not for sale, and truly was an exclusive promotion (free with a purchase over $75). The Ninjago magnet sets were in too, and the sales people confirmed that they were glued to the bases as well.

I was also able to find the LEGO Education Community Minifigure set retailing for approximately $50. There are quite a few nice elements in the set, but at that price, I'd rather wait for the Fairy Tale and Historical set which wasn't in.

I also picked up a LEGO Club Jr. magazine for the boys and February store calendar . There was a Ninjago coloring page which featured Kai and an unseen skellie villian named Kruncha - perhaps he'll debut in wave two of the series? 

February also has a couple of interesting dates according to the store calendar. You can score a free City Police motorcycle set with a $25 USD purchase on the 8th and 9th. There's also a free City Police boat with $35 USD purchase all month long. Finally, the calendar states new minifig build elements will be available around mid month, but no news on what those might be.

Not much else to report. The clearance sale items were dwindling (they must have made a ton of those Star Wars Pirate Tanks). The city Police Minifigure packs were sold out - the more I see elements from this set the more I like it.

That's all to report on this trip. More as it becomes available...