Friday, January 14, 2011

LEGO Ninjago 853111 Special Edition Sensei Wu


A trip to the LEGO Store today yielded a couple of additional Ninjago sets, including set 853111, the Special Edition Sensei Wu Training Pack. Priced at $14.99 USD, the pack seemed a little steep, especially since you just get a single minfigure. Once I opened the pack, however, I changed my mind.


The minifig is just the standard Sensei Wu that comes with set 2504, Spinjitzu Dojo, no special print or accessories.


There are two special cards including a 3D Master Wu character card and a gold battle card (Force Field).


The part that tipped the scales for me were the weapon elements. The highlights include green and blue energy bolts, a glow-in-the-dark tendril, black light saber handles, and curved lightsaber handles. There's also a gray version of the five link chain, a new part.

To date I've only seen this at LEGO Stores, even Shop at Home doesn't carry them...yet. Hopefully this helps you decide if these are right for you.

On a separate but related topic, I watched the two Ninjago cartoon episodes tonight with my sons. Nothing terribly innovative, but I'm certain younger children will enjoy it. If you missed the episodes on Cartoon Network (US) this evening, then you have another opportunity to watch January 15th at 11 am and 2 pm EST.